THE GOOD NEWS:
First of all thank you to everyone who has entered our season 4 poster contest thus far... 35 entries - AMAZING! Remember you can enter up to 8 posters and you have until mid June to do so.
THE BAD NEWS:
HBO has pushed back the starting date of Season 4. THE NEW STARTING DATE IS....JUNE 26, 2011. If you have entered a poster before the date change with the original starting date of June 12, 2011 - you have a choice: change the premiere date or keep it as is. Please note: I will be posting the posters on Tublr and Stumbleapon with your name and links back to both your profile page and the original poster here on Deviant. This will give you a chance for your artwork to go viral and be seen by many more people besides your fellow artists on Deviant Art. You're posters have a better shot of going viral the more professional they look and that means---CHANGING THE DATE. If you do not want your poster to be posted anywhere else except for your Deviant Art account please let us know by sending a note.
UPDATED "True Blood Season 4 Poster/Promo/Cover Contest" GUIDELINES:
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
1. Make a poster or promo for the upcoming season 4 of True Blood
a. ALL POSTERS AND PROMOS MUST HAVE THE TITLE LOGO OF TRUE BLOOD (there's a few styles to pick from) SOMEWHERE ON THE PROMO AND POSTER FOLLOWED BY EITHER THE PREMIERE DATE (June 26, 2011), SEASON 4, THE SEASON OF THE WITCH, THE NEW SEASON, WAITING SUCKS, AND ANYTHING ELSE YOUR WICKED MINDS CAN COME UP OR WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE.
b. The posters/promos can feature one (1) or more characters from the regular cast or new characters from the upcoming season, True Blood related props and symbols (blood bags, vials of v, fairies, witches, wolves, shifters, nurtured orphan baby armadillos, etc.), typography, vectors or anything else you can thing of ...
c. Posters should be vertical or portrait shaped. Promos should be horizontal or landscape shaped. You may make a wallpaper as a promo as long as rule "a." is followed.
d. All mediums of True Blood Fan art are eligible except for, icons, stamps, banners, small gif's, and stock.
2. Make an advertisement for Merlotte's Bar and Grill, Fangtasia, Bon Temps Tourism, Tru : Blood Synthetic Blood Beverage, The AVL, Fellowship of the Sun, or an Anti/Pro V (vampire blood) Public service announcement.
a. ALL ADVERTISEMENTS MUST HAVE THE TITLE LOGO OF TRUE BLOOD (there's a few styles to pick from) SOMEWHERE ON THE PROMO AND POSTER FOLLOWED BY EITHER THE PREMIERE DATE (June 26, 2011), SEASON 4, THE SEASON OF THE WITCH, THE NEW SEASON, WAITING SUCKS, AND ANYTHING ELSE YOUR WICKED MINDS CAN COME UP WITH OR WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE.
b. All advertisement mediums of True Blood Fan art are eligible except for, icons, stamps, banners, small gif's, and stock.
3. Make an alternate book cover for the newest Sookie Stackhouse novel by Charlaine Harris.
a. ALL BOOK COVERS MUST HAVE THE TITLE "DEAD RECKONING" AND THE AUTHOR'S NAME CHARLAINE HARRIS.
b. All mediums of True Blood Fan art are eligible except for, icons, stamps, banners, small gif's, and stock.
4. Each submission must be a brand new piece, not already entered into our gallery folders before March 24th, 2011. You may update and revamp a new version of a previous poster but the above stated rules regarding logos/slogans/dates still apply.
5.Only eight (8) entries of fan art per person.
6. I have made a special folder for the entries. All entries should be submitted into the folder titled "TB Season 4 Poster-Promo-Cover Contest" Only art pieces submitted into that folder are eligible.
7. You do not have to be a member to enter but it would be cool if you were. All members, contributors, and admins are eligible to enter fan art except for myself (riogirl9909), although I've made a couple pics as an example pieces only.
8. Please feel free to use an abuse any of the I.L.T.B. Stock Folders but remember to always credit your stock source in your art piece's comments section. All official True Blood logos can be found in our stock folders.
9. Contest entries will be accepted from March 24th, 2011 through June 26th, 2011 (the US premiere date of season 4).
10. Voting begins June 27th, 2011 and ends July 4th, 2011. [link]